[CIG-ALL] Caltech Seismo Lab Postdoc

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 13 09:00:10 PDT 2013

Seismological Laboratory Director's Postdoctoral Scholar

The Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences at the California
Institute of Technology (Caltech) invites applications for the Seismological
Laboratory Director's Postdoctoral Scholar position. We invite applications
for a post doctoral position in any research area covered by the
Seismological Laboratory, including, but not limited to: Observational
seismology, earth structure, earthquake physics, earthquake early warning,
computational geophysics, mineral physics, geodesy, geodynamics, and
tectonics. We are especially interested in individuals whose research
naturally links with any of the research programs within the Seismo Lab, GPS
Division, or other parts of Caltech.

A Ph.D. is required and initial appointment will be for one year.

Starting date is flexible, and applications will be considered until filled.

For additional information, please contact Prof. Michael Gurnis,
<mailto:gurnis at gps.caltech.edu> gurnis at gps.caltech.edu. Applicants should
send a CV, a brief statement of research interests and experience, and
arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent electronically to
Marcia Hudson at:

 <mailto:marcia at gps.caltech.edu> marcia at gps.caltech.edu

Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans, and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.