[CIG-ALL] CIG February 2014 Newsletter

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 7 10:08:25 PST 2014

Dear CIG Community:

Attached is the CIG Quarterly Newsletter for February 2014.  CIG will be organizing two workshops this summer:
The Mantle Convection and Long Term Tectonics groups will meet in Banff, Alberta. CIG will be joining CGU for their annual meeting. You may submit abstracts to both meetings. Please note the different deadlines and addresses to submit abstracts. Travel support is available.
The popular Crustal Deformation Workshop will be a held at Stanford, CA from June 23-27.  We will send out an announcement when more details are available and when we begin accepting registration.

Do not forget to join us on February 13 @ 2p PT for an exciting webinar on exascale visualization by Hank Childs -  Exascale Visualization: Why Things Will Change For You

We continue to actively soliciting both feedback on and contributions to newsletter content.  In particular, contributions needed from the community are:
·         Research Highlights
·         Recent Publications
·         Webinar Speaker suggestions

Newsletters will continue to be available for download through our website.

Lastly, our website is changing soon.  We will be at the same URL but with an updated look and feel.  Please bear with us during this transition as the old website is no longer being updated.  For problems or feedback email us at: cig-help at geodynamics.org

Best,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD
Associate Director, CIG