[CIG-ALL] CIG Newsletter, Webinar THIS WEEK, Announcements

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 9 10:00:43 PST 2015

February 9, 2015

Dear CIG Community,

Attached you will find this quarter’s CIG Quarterly Newsletter for February 2015. As a community driven organization, please find time to participate in the following planning and reporting activities for the next phase of CIG:
Subscribe to our BLOG:
https://geodynamicsblog.wordpress.com/ <https://geodynamicsblog.wordpress.com/>  [ or http://geodynamics.org/cig/news/blog/ <http://geodynamics.org/cig/news/blog/>]
We will be posting a new topic roughly once a week.  This week’s topic asks  the community’s opinion on gathering for an “all-hands” meeting every two years.

CIG One-Pages.  Please help us highlight all the cutting edge research in the CIG community by submitting a one page abstract of your research using CIG codes.  A template and instructions can be found at:
http://geodynamics.org/cig/news/ <http://geodynamics.org/cig/news/>

Links to both can also be found from our home page: geodynamics.org <http://geodynamics.org/>

Don’t miss our next WEBINAR, this Thursday February 12 @ 2pm with CIG Researchers Hiro Matsui and Eric Heien.  They will be talking about their results from the geodynamo benchmarking exercise. An international community contributed to the accuracy and performance benchmarking of 17 geodynamo codes.The results will be used to inform future code development and in preparation for high resolution runs on Mira (INCITE). Webinar and connection information can be found at:
http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/webinars/ <http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/webinars/>

Best,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD