[CIG-ALL] NEW RELEASE: Virtual Quake version 2.0.0

Lorraine Hwang lorraine.hwang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:44:22 PDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the release of Virtual Quake version 2.0.0 (vq-2.0.0.tar.gz):
This update includes major bug fixes to the rupture model and the multiprocessing mode. The rupture model matrix solver has been stabilized. New features have been added to the data analysis script PyVQ, including event KML (Google Earth) output to visualize co-seismic slips. Improved physically derived stress drop algorithm that uses known scaling relations.
We encourage all users to update to this newest release.

You can obtain the source code and latest user manual through the CIG website at:
https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/vq/ <https://geodynamics.org/cig/software/vq/>
Please e-mail your feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and bug reports to the CIG Short-Term Crustal Dynamics mailing list (cig-short
at geodynamics.org).
Issues with the source code package can be reported directly on github:
https://github.com/geodynamics/vq <https://github.com/geodynamics/vq>
The Virtual Quake development team:
Kasey Schultz, Mark Yoder, John Rundle, Eric Heien, Michael K. Sacks, and Don Turcotte

Best,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD
Associate Director, CIG