[CIG-ALL] CIG Nominations Now Open for EC and SSC

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Mon Sep 26 09:03:10 PDT 2016

Dear CIG Community:

The CIG Nominations Committee is now accepting nominations for candidates for the CIG Executive Committee (EC) and Science Steering Community (SSC).  The current committee members are listed at https://geodynamics.org/cig/about/governance/ <https://geodynamics.org/cig/about/governance/> <https://geodynamics.org/cig/about/governance/ <https://geodynamics.org/cig/about/governance/>>

We are seeking nominations for 2 seats on the EC and 2 seats on the SSC.  For this year, we are particularly interested in nominees with strong expertise in mantle convection, seismology and short term crustal deformation but high quality candidates in all areas of computational geodynamics are desired. New members will begin in CIG III.

We thank Bruce Buffet, David Bercovici, Brad Aagard and Tim Ahern for their service on the EC and SSC.

Please forward all nominations (including self-nominations) by October  14, 2015 to: nominations at geodynamics.org <http://lists.geodynamics.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cig-all> <mailto:nominations at geodynamics.org <http://lists.geodynamics.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cig-all>>. This is a private mailing list restricted to the CIG nominating committee. Self nominations are accepted.

Thank you for your help with this important matter,

The CIG 2016 Nominating Committee

Laurent Montesi (chair)
Clint Conrad
Matthew Knepley