[CIG-ALL] One more AGU session of possible interest to the CIG community

mspieg mspieg at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sun Jul 30 17:29:05 PDT 2017

———————————————————————
Dear Colleagues,

We – Rosie Jones, Tobias Keller, and Marc Spiegelman – would like to encourage you to submit a contribution to our session at this year’s AGU Fall Meeting. The title of the session is ‘DI003: A Perfect Match: Bringing Together Models of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics to Understand Geochemical and Petrological Observations’: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session26754 <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm17/preliminaryview.cgi/Session26754>. This session is offered for the first time this year, and addresses the timely matter of discussing the opportunities and challenges of coupled, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics models. We hope to bring together those working on integrating geochemistry, petrology, and geodynamics through computational methods, to exchange ideas, discuss challenges, and perhaps initiate future collaborations.

We welcome perspectives from theoretical, computational, experimental and observational works. This session is intended to connect communities and open new avenues of research in computational geoscience. We would be really delighted if you are able join us and submit an abstract.

Confirmed invited speakers:
Prof. Peter Kelemen (Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory)
Dr. Jake Jordan (Yale)

Please feel free to share this announcement with any colleagues you think would be interested.

Best,

Rosie, Tobias, Marc

Prof Marc Spiegelman
Dept of App. Physics and App. Math