[CIG-CS] Migrating parts of Geoframework from CVS to Subversion

cig-cs at geodynamics.org cig-cs
Thu Aug 18 08:09:33 PDT 2005

Greetings,

As I hope you are aware, I have set up a Subversion server for some of
the Geoframework code currently in CVS [1].  Specifically, I have
converted the Lithomop, Exchanger, and CitcomS directories to
Subversion.  If you never need to interact with these projects, then
you can ignore the rest of this email.

The new Subversion repository seems to be working well, so I will be
making it a live repository next Monday, August 22nd.  So next Monday,
around 3 pm PST, the CVS directories for Lithomop, Exchanger, and
CitcomS will become read-only.  After that, I will run one last
conversion and hopefully have Subversion running that day.

So if you have any code that you want to check in, you need to check
it in before 3 pm EST on Monday.  After that, all changes to those
codes will have to go through the Subversion repository.

This repository is running on a different machine, so I will need to
get new passwords from you.  There are three different ways you can do
this

 1) Call me at (626)395-4621 and leave a message or tell me in person.

 2) Send an encrypted email to me using my public GPG key [2].

 3) Send a plain text email to me.  The worst thing that can happen is
    someone adds things to the subversion repository that they should
    not.  This may cause some administrative hassles and downtime, but
    no data will be lost.

I will use your CVS username unless you tell me otherwise.  I would
recommend you to send me your password before the switchover, so that
you can work uninterrupted.  Feel free to use a random string as a
password.  You should only have to type it once, and then Subversion
will save it for you.

If you have any questions, now is the time to ask.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
walter at geodynamics.org

[1] http://www.geodynamics.org/pipermail/cig-cs/2005-August/000003.html