[CIG-CS] MPI references in Pythia, trying to install pylith-0.8

Rowena Lohman rolohman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:43:06 PST 2006

Hi all,

It did turn out that my petsc problems had to do with a dead libgfortran
link that is now fixed, thanks for helping me find that.

Next problem:  It isn't clear to me exactly how MPILIBS and MPIINCLUDES
should be set for petsc.  I started by setting them to the /lib and /bin
directories that petsc created during mpich installation:

MPILIBS=/u/vento0/rlohman/pylith-0.8/petsc-dev/externalpackages/mpich2-
1.0.4p1/lib
MPIINCLUDES=/u/vento0/rlohman/pylith-0.8/petsc-dev/externalpackages/mpich2-
1.0.4p1/bin

However, when I do this, pythia dies during ./configure with the following
problem:

configure:19916: g++ -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.cc/u/vento0/rlohman/pylith-
0.8/petsc-dev/externalpackages/mpich2-1.0.4p1/lib  >&5
/u/vento0/rlohman/pylith-0.8/petsc-dev/externalpackages/mpich2-1.0.4p1/lib:
file not recognized: Is a directory

To me this looks like it expects MPILIBS to be a file, not a directory.
However, I've tried replacing it with the name of the files in lib/ and it
still dies at that point, looking for MPI_Init.  I can send my whole
config.log file if someone tells me what I should set for MPILIBS.

Thanks again,
Rowena

--
Rowena Lohman