[CIG-LONG] Gale on linux (debian) has trouble running

Sue Kientz sue at geodynamics.org
Mon Feb 5 11:10:54 PST 2007

From: "Rocco Malservisi" <rocco at geophysik.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: February 5, 2007 5:53:16 AM PST
To: cig-long at geodynamics.org

Hi,

  I have tried to install Gale on a linux box with debian but I have
some
trouble in running it.
I downloaded the binary files and then the source code (the compilation
seems to work fine and I got an executable) and with both I have the
same
message of error.

I attached below the message of error I get when I try to read the file
extension.xml

elba:/export/data/rocco/CIG/Gale-1_1_0/input> ../bin/Gale extension.xml
Error: File extension.xml doesn't exist, not readable, or not valid.
Gale: build/StGermain/Base/IO/src/Journal.c:603: Journal_Firewall:
Assertion `expression' failed.
Abort
elba:/export/data/rocco/CIG/Gale-1_1_0/input>

any idea where the problem can be?

  thanks

   Rocco Malservisi

Rocco Malservisi