[CIG-LONG] Re: Cumulative strain history in Gale et alia

Shijie Zhong Shijie.Zhong at Colorado.Edu
Wed Oct 10 13:44:14 PDT 2007

Benchmark is obviously important for all the codes. I was curious what type of analytic solutions Christoph was referring to. Is it for the stokes flow driven by a buoyancy at a single harmonics? or is it for a sinking stokes sphere. For the stokes' flow with linear rheology (the only case where analytic solutions are possible), Citcom does a very job in benchmarks, and I suspect that GALE should be able to do the same.

Shijie

Shijie Zhong
Department of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder