[CIG-LONG] Paraview and VTK installation assistance needed

stephanie tsang dorist84 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 19:45:30 PDT 2008

Hello,

      My name is Stephanie and I am currently a 4th year undergraduate student attempting to get accquatinted with GALE.  I've downloaded Paraview 3.2.1, VTK for Windows, as well as Python and am able to run GALE from the command  prompt.  My problem comes with output files - I am able to run the yielding.xml for GALE in the command prompt, but I am not sure where all the output files are downloaded to.  Some seemed to have been saved in the output.template, however, when I attempt to navigate to these files to visualize them in Paraview, I am unable to locate them.  I am only able to locate for instance pressure.0.00000.vts but not the needed pressure.0.00001.vts (which according to the user manual is the 10th time step for the yielding.xml file).

     I believe I've missed a step in the download/installation process or incorporating a plug-in or  something that is hindering me from following along precisely with the examples indicated in the GALE user manual.

      I am not even sure if I am making any sense, but any input or suggestions or anything at all at this point would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.  Take care.

Sincerely,
Stephanie