[CIG-LONG] [Gale] EulerDeform: coordinate out of bounds when increasing model resolution

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Sun Nov 23 21:28:40 PST 2008

Hi Matthieu and Walter,

Thanks guys for your advices!

I tried to fix different time steps but the model was still crashing due to EulerDeform problems...

I found that the problem came from the pressure remesher part of EulerDeform. I realised at the same time that my model had problems with nodal pressure. After looking in the CIG archieve, I realise I didn't set properly the minimumYieldStress for a yielding rheology component (it has to be equal to the cohesion - am I right Walter?).

The model starts with a strong Nodal pressure contrast in the upper part. I guess it behaves like this because it doesn't start under isostatic equilibrium.

Removing the Pressure remesher part in EulerDeform looks to avoid the crash without fixing the timestep.

Cheers

Guilly

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Structural Geologist/Modeller
CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Visiting address: 6G13, ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, Western Australia, 6151
Postal address: PO Box 1130, Bentley, Western Australia, 6102, Australia