[CIG-LONG] Gale

js at cp.dias.ie js at cp.dias.ie
Thu Sep 25 16:12:55 PDT 2008

Hi Ritske,
is the topography file in the current working directory?
I just tried tibet3D and it ran for the full 10 timesteps.

The error I get if Gale cannot find the topo file is below.
Not sure if this helps,

Regards,

john.

10:33 PM ~/GaleSVN. ( 12.576 Mb )
: fred 2 %; ./bin/Gale input/examples/tibet3D.xml
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html#Signal[0]PETSC
ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on linux or man libgmalloc on Apple to
find memory corruption errors
[0]PETSC ERROR: likely location of problem given in stack below
[0]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not available,
[0]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the start of the function
[0]PETSC ERROR:       is given.
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Signal received!
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 2.3.2, Patch 10, Wed Mar 28 19:13:22
CDT 2007 HG revision: d7298c71db7f5e767f359ae35d33cab3bed44428
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: ./bin/Gale on a linux-gnu named fred by gale Thu Sep 25
22:34:13 2008
[0]PETSC ERROR: Libraries linked from
/home/gale/Petsc/Petsc/lib/linux-gnu-c-debug
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure run at Fri Aug 22 11:46:27 2008
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options
--download-mumps=/home/gale/Petsc/Downloads/MUMPS_4.6.3.tar.gz
--download-blacs=/home/gale/Petsc/Downloads/blacs-dev.tar.gz
--download-scalapack=/home/gale/Petsc/Downloads/scalapack.tgz
--with-blacs=yes --with-scalapack=yes --with-mpi=yes
--with-mpi-dir=/opt/MyMpich2/GCC --prefix=/home/gale/Petsc/Petsc
--with-debugging=yes --with-shared=0
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: User provided function() line 0 in unknown directory
unknown file
[unset]: aborting job:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 59) - process 0