[CIG-LONG] Request a support for Gale

pkao at umn.edu pkao at umn.edu
Wed Dec 16 10:44:51 PST 2009

Dear CIG support staffs,

We are studying all Gale exercises in user manual.
However, there is no description in the manual to
teach us how restart a new simulation by an output
file, and hence, we are highly concerned:
Is Gale able to launch the simulation using an
input file which was previously computed and outputted
by Gale or other softwares?
This renewed input file could be in text, ASCII, or
ParaView-image (VTK) format. Actually, we have tested
the restart-commend of UnderWorld, i.e.
<param name=%u201DrestartTimestep%u201D> 8 </param>, putting
into the Gale's XML input file, but it could not work
properly.

Otherwise, we are not sure about how to setup the
complicate geometry of solid shape (rather than a simple
sine-curved surface) and non-homogeneous properties at
each PIC-Particle as an initial condition gained from
geologic field data.

These functions in using Gale are so important for our
further research tasks. It will be much grateful if you
can provide any advise and instruction. We are looking
forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Dr. Po-Hao Kao
Geofluids Post-Doctoral Assistant
Department of Geology and Geophysics