[CIG-LONG] Compiling Gale from Source Code?

Sue Kientz sue at geodynamics.org
Tue Jan 13 00:08:13 PST 2009

I'm trying to adapt Gale to run on some different hardware, but I'm
having a heck of a time figuring out how to compile it from the source
code; I can't find a project-wide makefile anywhere.  Do I have to
create my own?  I'd really like to avoid that as it's a huge code whose
many components and linkages I don't have a complete handle on yet.  I
downloaded the June 15/08 tarball.  Anything you can point me towards
for help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Neil

--
Neil de Laplante

PhD Candidate in Geophysics
Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave 54-615
Cambridge, MA, USA 02139
(617) 999-6528