[CIG-LONG] How to specify melt supply rate?

Taichi SATO taichix at ori.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Nov 2 03:31:09 PST 2009

Hello,

I now try to create axial vally and axial high by using Gale, but I do
not still understand how to specify melt supply rate.  As Walter said
earlier to me the way as below,

>" In any case, the left and right sides are both moving at 4e-10 m/s.
The dike is 2000 m across.  If the
>divergence was completely accounted for in the dike, then we get a
divergence of
>  2*4e-10/2000 = 4e-13
>The input file scales time by 1e22, so in the scaled units that becomes
> 4e9
>So in this example, the divergence would only account for 20% of the
expansion. "

But the result is not axial high and something strange.
I think that DivergenceForces = 0 means full melt supply(M=1), is it
correct?

Would you tell me how to specify melt supply rate.

And I have another question.
Should I specify water property(hydrostatic term) for modeling mid-ocean
ridge process?