[CIG-LONG] New user working on crustal modelling

Lester Anderson lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:21:05 PST 2009

Hello all

I am a new researcher looking at large-scale crustal modelling of East Antarctica. I still have to fully read into all the possibilities of GALE, but I would like to know if it is possible to simulate flexural loading mechanisms with or without extension? At the moment I am looking at modelling the gravity data to derive a simple structure, but ideally what I would like to do is build in some rheological constraints through test models in GALE.

I have installed the Windows version of GALE which is stable as far as I can tell. For speed I assume that working on a simple 2D GALE model would be considerably less CPU intensive compared to a full 3D one, but I guess there is also the effect of the mesh resolution to consider.

Any computational modelling advice will be welcome.

Regards

Lester