[CIG-LONG] Supports in developing Gale

mspieg mspieg at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 25 07:36:31 PST 2009

Hi Po-Hao,
     There was some initial work by the VPAC-Monash group to
incorporate magma dynamics into Underworld/St Germaine as part of the
stgMADDS (St Germain, Magma-Dynamics Demonstration Suite) projects.
I don't know if this has been incorporated into GALE but Walter would
know.

In addition, there is a general Magma Dynamics Working group, whose
long range plan is to integrate magma dynamics/fluid migration into
all of  CIG geodynamics codes.  I've also produced  a FEniCS-PETSc
version of the MADDs Suite (which needs to be updated to the latest
version of the FEniCS code suite, but is available on the mercurial
servers at CIG).  However,  the expectation for major future
development will probably be code built on the deal.ii code base.  I
will be discussing some of these issues at the CIG business meeting
at AGU, and I would be happy to discuss any of this, plus the Magma
Dynamics working group with you (and anyone else interested in magma/
fluids).  Just let me know

Cheers
Marc Spiegelman

Marc Spiegelman