[CIG-LONG] request

Eunseo Choi echoi at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 7 10:49:01 PDT 2009

Dear Hamed

If you need to discretize a special shape, SNAC might not be the best
tool because it is designed to internally set up a regular mesh for a
rectangular box or geometries not too far from it.
It would be very helpful if you can describe the shape of plate with
some more details.
Also, more information on the physics of problem would be necessary.
For instance, when you pull out the plate (buried?) in sand and clay,
are you interested in modeling the response of surrounding sand/clay,
that of the plate, or both?

Eunseo

--