[CIG-LONG] Elasticity in Gale?

Mark Behn mbehn at whoi.edu
Wed Jul 21 19:31:56 PDT 2010

Hi Walter,

I was wondering if there are any plans at present to incorporate elasticity with
Gale's current visco-plastic rheologies.  Along with Garrett Ito, I'm interested
in simulating mid-ocean ridge deformation along the lines of Buck et al. [2005],
but in 3-D along a ridge segment.  The bending (or unbending) of the plate
is likely to play an important role in controlling the stresses and axial topography
in these environments.  I know that adding elasticity was one of the goals that
came out of last summer's workshop -- but I wasn't sure if this was something
that was likely to be forthcoming in the near future.

May Thanks!
Mark

--
Mark D. Behn