[CIG-LONG] Dike hill problem

Taichi SATO taichix at aori.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Jun 2 00:39:38 PDT 2010

Dear Walter,

Thank you very much for your response!

However, I think the input file does not work
well, the result is something odd.

1)Strain field spreads in the "air" layer.

2)Continuous faulting does not occur. This occurs
whether putting the air layer or not.

For the problem 2), I think this is because the
problem with the low viscosity around the dike
still remains. This might be caused by the strain
around the dike. The new materials created in the
dike deform immediately as the materials flow out
from the dike.
I think this lower viscosity interferes the
continuous faulting process.

Would you give me advices to fix these problems?

Sincerely,

Taichi