[CIG-LONG] FW: Convergence issues with long-term extension models

Tim Rawling tim at modeltheearth.com
Fri Mar 12 20:54:21 PST 2010

Hi Gilly

I hope you are well?

I am still playing with Gale and am starting to get my head around it a
bit.  I would be keen to have a chat with you at some stage if you have
some time to make sure what I am doing is appropriate and fits with
the work you did with us. Ill also send you a copy of a talk I have
put together that I think we could elaborate on in "that" paper we
have spoken about to give you an idea where I am going with it.

I do have a question for you about this email you sent to the Gale
list though too.  Is the compressible material just so that Gale does
not have compute the failure on a model boundary?  Does it matter how
thick it is?

Also did you use the PolygonShape argument to create the diverging
crustal blocks in the Y-direction in the model you did for us?

Cheers and thanks
Tim