[CIG-LONG] restart

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Wed May 5 10:49:03 PDT 2010

Karen Paczkowski <karen.paczkowski at yale.edu> wrote:
> Is there any plan to release a new compiled Gale executable with a
> restart option any time soon?  I would really like to use this option
> but do not know how to go about doing it?  I've had a lot of trouble
> trying to install all of the programs necessary to recompile GALE.  I
> mainly work on my laptop, but it seem that I would need a cluster to
> install many of the programs necessary to recompile.  If there is a
> plan release a new executable do you know about when it might be
> available?  Thanks!

There is a plan.  I am finishing up the documentation, and then I will
make a release.  CIG is a bit short on staff now, so it has taken
longer than I had planned.  I am somewhat confident that a new release
will happen in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, what are the problems that you have been running into?

walter at geodynamics.org