[CIG-LONG] Gale densityField

Luke Mondy luke.s.mondy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:08:33 PDT 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could explain how the densityField in Gale works?
I use the following code to get it to output to the VTK files:
<struct name="DensityField">

<param name="Type">DensityField</param>
<param name="Context">context</param>
<param name="ConstitutiveMatrix">constitutiveMatrix</param>
<param name="Swarm">picIntegrationPoints</param>
<param name="Mesh">mesh-linear</param>
<param name="BuoyancyForceTerm">buoyancyForceTerm</param>

</struct>

I assume some sort of linear interpolation over the particles is then
assigned to each cell of the mesh - is this the case, and if so, is there a
way to choose what method of interpolation can be used?

Kind Regards,

Luke Mondy