[CIG-LONG] CIG-LONG Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

Nicolas RIEL nicolas.riel at free.fr
Wed Sep 29 09:25:07 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I'm actually runing Gale in parallel on my personal computer (Processor
intel i7 -  with 8 cores, on linux), and it works fine

However I tried to install "Mumps" for direct solving in parallel (Through
reconfiguring of PETSc) and I'm encountering problems.
Mumps needs some more libraries to work (Scalapack, which needs Blacs Lapack
and blas)
And I just can't install mumps which crashes when trying to compile "blacs".
I tried to install Scalapack (which uses blacs library) independently, but
It does not work better ! The problem is coming from "blacs", and I don't
see how to resolve it.
Any ideas ?