[CIG-LONG] CIG-LONG Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:07:54 PDT 2010

Hi Nicolas,

I also had trouble installing Mumps when I was using PETSc 2.3.2.  The fix was relatively minor, but I did not encounter the issue when installing Mumps with PETSc 3.0.  If I remember correctly, the error with Mumps and PETSc 2.3.2 was also a Mac OS X specific issue.

What version of PETSc are you using?  If it is PETSc 2.3.2, I'll send you over the modification that allowed for a successful installation of Mumps, but that fix may very well be independent of your issue.

Also, the PETSc folks were able to provide the fix for my installation problem after a few emails of discussion.

Cheers,
John