[CIG-LONG] CIG-LONG Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

Tabrez Ali stali at geology.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:09:03 PDT 2010

I have some old notes which may be helpful.

- http://www.geology.wisc.edu/~stali/old/parlibs.htm

However a very easy way is to install petsc and configure it so that
it downloads and builds mpi, blas, lapack, blacs, scalapack, mumps etc
for you. The built libs can be found in the "externalpackages" sub-
directory within petsc.

- Now you can use all these libs via petsc and also by itself as long
as you link properly.

- At this point if you dont want petsc and only want to keep mpi,
blas, lapack etc. then simply move the contents of externalpackages
directory to some place else (eg /opt), delete petsc and use the new
path for linking

To install petsc with above libs use something like:

./configure --with-mpi-dir=/opt/mpich2-1.0.8 --with-mumps=1 --download-
mumps=ifneeded --with-scalapack=1 --download-scalapack=ifneeded --with-
blacs=1 --download-blacs=ifneeded --download-f-blas-lapack=ifneeded
etc.