[CIG-LONG] Question on scaling

laetitia le pourhiet laetitia.le_pourhiet at upmc.fr
Wed Jan 26 02:21:30 PST 2011

Hi Brian,

Since you don't have kg in gale scaling... why not use the fact that
Watt are
N.m.s-1 which turns into Pa/m/s.

Laetitia

Le 26/01/2011 02:46, Brian Wilson a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problems with the scaling in GALE, which is causing
> problems with convergence. The worst problem seems to be the scaling
> of crustal heat production. Since this quantity involves Watts,
> seconds^3 appears in the denominator. Thus, scaling seconds up to
> millions of years creates huge numbers that are something like 10^60,
> even with a small offset from scaling kg up to a larger denomination.
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

*Dr Laetitia Le Pourhiet*<\n> MCF - Institut des Sciences de la Terre
Paris - UPMC<\n> tel : +33 1 44 27 58 83<\n> web :
http://perso.numericable.com/laetitia.le.pourhiet/index.html<\n>