[CIG-LONG] StaticBottom

Matty Mookerjee matty.mookerjee at sonoma.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:55:25 PDT 2012

Walter,

I am attaching my input file along with the topo file.

I tried adding StaticLeft but that crashed.  Also, I am not so sure that I want a flux boundary.  The deforming thrust wedge taper needs to be maintained and I fear that the flux boundary will not add material to the back of the wedge in such a way to maintain that taper.  Since it the gravity associated with that taper is an important driving force for the fault motion, I don't want it to be varying unnaturally at the rear of the wedge.

Also, please give me any advice that you might have for removing the background/air component.  The upper surface needs to be a sloping wedge as it is in my input file.

Thank you for your help.  Let me know what you think.

Matty