[CIG-LONG] Segmentation fault error with nonNewtonian and yielding rheologies

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Mon Mar 5 07:12:36 PST 2012

nicolas riel <a.nicolas.riel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have some issues using  nonNewtonian rheology with yielding.
> After step 0, the run crashes and gives a well known "Segmentation fault
> error".

It works for me.  I ran it with the command

  ./build/bin/Gale extension.json

Could it be a problem in your local installation?  Does this happen
when using the binaries?  Make sure that you can write to the
directory

  /media/data/Modelisation/Modelisation/Extension

Next, try running it in gdb.  To be explicit, run

  gdb Gale

Then, at the prompt, run

  run extension.json

If "Gale" and "extension.json" are not in the current directory, you
will have to change those lines.