[CIG-LONG] Gale 2.0.1

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Thu Sep 6 07:06:47 PDT 2012

Louis Moresi <louis.moresi at monash.edu> wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>
> Two quick questions -
>
> 1) Am I correct in understanding that GALE 2.x can take either the xml or json
> input file format - did you write an updater to push the xml over into json ?

Correct.  Internally, Gale converts the JSON into XML.

> 2) The MG issue - did you have a look into this to figure out what might be the
> problem ?

I have not looked into it in any detail.  I believe that the problem
is, as you guessed, that there is no prolongation/restriction
operator for the Q2 elements.

> I'm interested in getting this all working so that we can restore
> the compatibility between Gale and Underworld at this level.

Gale and Underworld should still be compatible.  Multigrid should
still work with Q1 elements.