[CIG-LONG] Gale 2.0.1

Louis Moresi louis.moresi at monash.edu
Thu Sep 6 05:45:16 PDT 2012

Hi Walter,

Two quick questions -

1) Am I correct in understanding that GALE 2.x can take either the xml or
json input file format - did you write an updater to push the xml over into
json ?

2) The MG issue - did you have a look into this to figure out what might be
the problem ? I'm interested in getting this all working so that we can
restore the compatibility between Gale and Underworld at this level. My
guess would be the interpolation / prolongation phase since not much else
is dependent on the element mesh.

And thanks for pushing so many changes through while you were finishing up
with CIG. It's great that you have given the LTT community a high-quality
modelling tool to build upon.

L.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Walter Landry <wlandry at caltech.edu> wrote:

> Laetitia Le Pourhiet <zlolita at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Walter,
> > good to hear from you again on the list.
> >
> > I asked to put the tarball back online because people asked me for a
> > tarball that is it.
> >
> > So I am happy to hear that the MG works in 2.0.1
> > It was not written in your last email.
> >
> > Maybe, if you have some time,
> > you could put together a little tutorial on how to use Q1Q1 or Q2P1
> > with MG in 2.0.1
>
> MG does not work with Q2P1.  It should work with Q1Q1, but I have not
> tested it.  Your old input file should work almost exactly the same
> with 1.6.1 as with 2.0.1 (you may have to change supgFactor).
>
> Cheers,
> Walter Landry

<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/gQ7_To7dX8sI0sEe2ty0AaO6j9vpN3ZPghWjdy2iDOg?feat=embedwebsite>Professor
LouisMoresi