[CIG-LONG] Tracers

Leonardo Cruz leocruz at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 16 10:40:19 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to use the "Tracers" functionality in Gale running it in parallel (2 nodes 4 processors each). I am getting the following error:

"Error - in _GlobalParticleLayout_InitialiseParticles() - for GlobalParticleLayout "pLayout", of type ManualParticleLayout: after initialising particles, actual global count of particles initialised was 0, whereas the user requested global total totalInitialParticles was 22."

I think, I am requesting 22 particles but not sure how to initialize them?

"pLayout" : {
      "Type" : "ManualParticleLayout",
      "totalInitialParticles" : "22",
      "manualParticlePositions" : [
        "asciidata",
        ["x","y"],
        0.60,0.30,
        0.61,0.30,
        0.62,0.30,
        0.63,0.30,
        0.64,0.30,
        0.65,0.30,
        0.66,0.30,
        0.66,0.30,
        0.67,0.30,
        0.68,0.30,
        0.69,0.30,
        0.70,0.30,
        0.71,0.30,
        0.72,0.30,
        0.73,0.30,
        0.74,0.30,
        0.75,0.30,
        0.76,0.30,
        0.77,0.30,
        0.78,0.30,
        0.79,0.30,
        0.80,0.30
      ]
    },

Any help is appreciated
Thanks!
Leonardo

Leonardo Cruz
Dept. Geological and Environmental Sciences
450 Serra Mall
Braun Hall, Building 320
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-2115