[CIG-MC] Exchanger & CitcomS

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Fri Jan 4 15:42:34 PST 2008

Thorsten,

If there are such situations, it is a bug :-)

The CitcomS configure script looks for Exchanger on your PYTHONPATH.  If
found, the script automatically enables Exchanger -- unless
"--without-exchanger" was given.  Additionally, you can explicitly
specify "--with-exchanger", which causes the 'configure' script to fail
if Exchanger is not found.

In any case, if Exchanger was successfully enabled, the flag
"-lExchanger" should be present in the variable PYTHON_EGG_LFLAGS within
the Makefiles generated by 'configure'; e.g.:

PYTHON_EGG_LDFLAGS = -L/home/leif/tmp/cig/lib -lExchanger

Here, I installed Exchanger under /home/leif/tmp/cig, and set my
PYTHONPATH to /home/leif/tmp/cig/lib/python2.4/site-packages.  (The
'configure' script also automatically inserted a "-L" option, so that
the linker could find the Exchanger library in this non-standard location.)

Could you send the two 'config.log' files generated by 'configure' for
your installs of Exchanger and CitcomS?  It is quite possible that the
machinery is not working correctly on your system.

--Leif