[CIG-MC] problem launching citcoms without Batch system

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Wed May 14 13:32:31 PDT 2008

Hi Rob,

I would start by adding "--launcher.dry" to your command-line arguments:

citcoms example1.cfg mymachines4.cfg
--solver.datadir=/state/partition1/test --launcher.dry

This will print the 'mpirun' command used by CitcomS (without actually
executing it).  It will look something like this:

mpirun -np 4 /path/to/mpipycitcoms --pyre-start [...lots of arguments...]

So, for example, if "-nolocal" is missing, you would then add the
following to your ~/.pyre/CitcomS/CitcomS.cfg file:

[CitcomS.launcher]
command = mpirun -nolocal -np ${nodes}

Once the 'mpirun' command looks right, go ahead and remove
"--launcher.dry" to perform an actual run.

--Leif