[CIG-MC] Release of HC 1.0 (1D global mantle circulation solver)

Sue Kientz sue at geodynamics.org
Wed Apr 15 14:48:07 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I am pleased to announce the release of HC 1.0. HC is a 1D global
mantle circulation solver following Hager & O'Connell (1981) which
can compute velocities, tractions, and geoid for simple density
distributions and plate velocities. This particular implementation
illustrates one possible way to combine the HC solver routines. Based
on code by Brad Hager, Richard O'Connell, and Bernhard Steinberger,
this version is by Thorsten Becker and Craig O'Neill.

You can download binaries or the source code from

        http://geodynamics.org/cig/software/packages/mc/hc

Installation instructions are in the bundled README.TXT file.

If you encounter any problems or issues, please report them using our
Bug Tracker at

	http://www.geodynamics.org/roundup/issues/

If you have questions or wish to provide feedback or suggestions on
HC, please e-mail the CIG Mantle Convection mailing list at cig-
mc at geodynamics.org.

Sue Kientz
Technical Writer/Web Manager
Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics (CIG)
     http://www.geodynamics.org/
sue at geodynamics.org
ofc: (626) 395-1694
cell: (626) 616-1955