[CIG-MC] Trouble configuring CitcomS3.0.3 - Python Dependencies

Eh Tan tan2 at geodynamics.org
Tue Apr 21 14:25:19 PDT 2009

Ricardo Arevalo Jr. wrote:
> Thank you for your help.  I have downloaded python-dev, but I still
> cannot properly configure CitcomS.  The next error states: error:
> limits.h:, followed by a series of other .h files/directories
> (config.log attached).  Please let me know what else I need.  Again,
> thanks for your patience.
>
> -Rick

Hi Ricardo,
(cc'ing cig-mc)

The first error in your config.log is:

In file included from
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.4/include/syslimits.h:7,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.4/include/limits.h:11,
                 from /usr/include/python2.5/Python.h:18,
                 from src/_namemapper.c:15:
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.4/include/limits.h:122:61: error:
limits.h: No such file or directory

The error message indicates that your system doesn't have some system
header files (limits.h and others). These header files are not installed
by default, but they are needed when compiling most C programs.

You can install all the requirement of CitcomS using this command:

sudo apt-get install build-essential openmpi-bin openmpi-dev python
python-dev

Eh

--
Eh Tan