[CIG-MC] Zero shear stresses with free-slip boundary conditions

C.S Natarajan natarajan at geology.ucdavis.edu
Thu Jan 8 23:03:50 PST 2009

Hello everybody,
     I was wondering if anybody has outputted the shear stresses from
Citcom-CU and actually seen that the free-slip boundary condition
gives 0 shear stresses. I was trying to run the sample input file
provided from the distribution version and output the stresses. I am
getting non-zero shear stresses on the vertical faces. I'm wondering
what I might be doing wrong. The only code I had to add was a routine
to output stresses (calculated in Topo_gravity.c) in Output.c

Thanks in advance,

C.S.N