[CIG-MC] Installing CitcomS on 64 bit Ubuntu

Peter Rhame Meleney pmeleney at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 26 09:29:04 PDT 2010

Dear CIG mantle convection mailing list,

My name is Peter Meleney, I'm working with Brad Hager at MIT and am trying to
install CitcomS-3.1.1 on my machine running Ubuntu  10.04 LTS. I have
successfully downloaded and unpacked CitcomS-3.1.1.tar.gz and ./configure
appears to run smoothly, however when I then enter the 'make' command:
'.../CitcomS-3.1.1$make' I receive an error message as follows:

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/peter/Desktop/CitcomS-3.1.1/module' error:
mpi/ pympi.h: No such file or directory

and then several more errors follow which I assume are related to this.

When I look under /CitcomS-3.1.1/module/ I can't find any folder called mpi or
any file  named pympi.h and actually cannot locate the pympi.h file anywhere on
 my machine. I have tried deleting and re-downloading/installing the  CitcomS
package twice now, so I don't think the error was in  downloading the package.

Any light you might shed on this would be  greatly appreciated.

Thanks! -Peter

pmeleney at mit.edu

EAPS, MIT
77 Massachusetts Ave 54-1210