[CIG-MC] velocity BCs

Craig O'Neill craig.oneill at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 27 22:52:07 PDT 2011

This is probably self-evident but not explicit so I'd thought I'd check -
the velocity BC condition files bvel.dat* (for regional) are in vx,vy
format.
The ordering of this file is following a nested loop defined in the
coor_file.
Here the first loop is the colat, nested in that is the longitude loop.
SO, to read the bvel file, we are essentially reading the vx,vy
corresponding to the points:
colat1 long1
colat1 long2
colat1 long3
colat2 long1
colat2 long2
etc.
Just wanted to check this, as the velocity format is kind-of reversed (vx,
then vy). Writing a script to convert gplates gpml to regional citcom input,
so if anyone can give me a quick confirm that'd be great.
Many thanks
-Craig.

--
Dr Craig O'Neill