[CIG-MC] Hi,some doubt about node_assemble

Shijie Zhong shijie.zhong at Colorado.EDU
Fri Apr 6 15:10:36 PDT 2012

Ting,

Element by element assembly is less efficient, although it is probably more general. Element by element assembly is not used as often in practice. We mostly use node assembly option.

Shijie Zhong, Professor
Department of Physics
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309
Tel: 303-735-5095; Fax: 303-492-7935
Web: http://anquetil.colorado.edu/szhong
From: cig-mc-bounces at geodynamics.org [cig-mc-bounces at geodynamics.org] On Behalf Of ting yang [heaventian at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 1:53 AM
To: cig-mc at geodynamics.org
Subject: [CIG-MC] Hi,some doubt about node_assemble

Hi,all,
    I'm now reading the program of citcom.There is one doubt about the parameter node_assemble.
In Element_calculations.c,  Au(stiffness matrix multiply velocity) will be calculated node by node or element by element depending whether node_assemble is set on.
But I cannot understand the advantages and disadvantages of each respect to the other.
Can you describe to me briefly in what situation node_assemble should be turned on?

Best wishes!
--
wish you happiness !
yours sincerely,