[CIG-MC] doubt about viscosity.smooth_cycles

ting yang heaventian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:22:39 PDT 2012

Hi,all,
    I'm now reading the program of citcom.There is one doubt about the
parameter viscosity.smooth_cycles.
In Solver_multigrid.c, the method to constraint vicosity from finner level
to coarser level is different for different values of
viscosity.smooth_cycles(ranging from 0 to 3)
But I cannot understand the advantages and disadvantages of each respect to
the others.
Can you describe to me briefly the situations suited for each choice of
viscosity.smooth_cycles?
Will the choice of viscosity.smooth_cycles affect the convergence of Stokes
solver greatly?

Best wishes!

--
wish you happiness !