[CIG-MC] Troubles installing CitcomS on Mac OSX

Erik Sevre esevre at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:05:02 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing CitcomS on a couple machines that I am
working with.

The first machine is an Apple computer (I'm actually trying the
install on two different Apple computers).
The software won't install.
I'm setting the python version to 2.6 in the configure using PYTHON=python2.6
I then try to make my software and run into the following errors:

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link mpicc  -g -O2   -o pycitcoms
 -u _PyMac_Error /System/Library/Frameworks/-framework Python \
		 pycitcoms-pycitcoms.o dummy.o ../module/libCitcomSLibmodule.a
../lib/libCitcomS.a \
		 \
		 \
		-ldl -framework CoreFoundation   \
		-lhdf5  \

libtool: link: mpicc -g -O2 -o pycitcoms -u _PyMac_Error
/System/Library/Frameworks/-framework Python pycitcoms-pycitcoms.o
dummy.o  ../module/libCitcomSLibmodule.a ../lib/libCitcomS.a -ldl
-framework CoreFoundation -lhdf5
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/System/Library/Frameworks/-framework'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'Python'
make[2]: *** [pycitcoms] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks to me like the installer is having trouble finding the Python
framework. Although I am not totally sure what is going on.

Our other machine is having trouble installing python eggs.

I know that it is possible to install CitcomS without python, but I
can't find any documentation to test our installation or
tutorials/information on how to use CitcomS without Pyre installed
also.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Erik

--
Erik Sevre