[CIG-MC] Troubles installing CitcomS on Mac OSX

Eric Heien emheien at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 3 10:23:39 PDT 2012

Hi Erik,

For some reason the autoconf system sometimes doesn't work well with Python on Mac OSX.  Rather than:

/System/Library/Frameworks/-framework Python

it should have a space:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ -framework Python

To fix this, you can either edit the Makefile in question or edit and rerun the configure file (line 5007) as such:

        vars['LINKFORSHARED'] = vars['LINKFORSHARED'].replace(framework, "-framework " + PYTHONFRAMEWORK)

and add a space before "-framework":

        vars['LINKFORSHARED'] = vars['LINKFORSHARED'].replace(framework, " -framework " + PYTHONFRAMEWORK)

I'm not sure why the other machine would have trouble installing Python eggs.  CitcomS doesn't support Python 2.7 and above, so this might be the cause of the problem.

Let me know if you have any other problems.

-Eric