[CIG-MC] cookbook4 and v.3.2.0

Juan Rodríguez metzer52 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 02:01:10 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am having some troubles with cookbook4 while using version 3.2.0 and I
would really appreciate some help.

I am running the cookbook using two different compiled versions of CitcomS.

-       CitcomS-3.1.1 with pyre, Python 2.6.5 and OpenMPI 1.2.8-13.1

-       CitcomS-3.2.0 with pyre, Python 2.6.5 and OpenMPI 1.2.8-13.1

I am running everything on the same machine: 24 processors with 64 GB RAM
running under linux (OpenSUSE 11.3).

When I run the cookbook with version 3.1.1 the results seem correct and
match what is shown in Fig. 6.5 of the manual.  The attached figures
*v.3.1.1_inital
*and *v.3.1.1_final* show the temperature and the velocity field for the
initial and final time steps of the cookbook.

However, when I run the cookbook using version 3.2.0 I get completely
different results. First, the model does not converge after the maximum
number of p-iterations (1000). Second, the final velocity field and
temperature do not match the expected result (se figures *v.3.2.0_inital *and
*v.3.2.0_final*

*
*

I am using the same files to run the cookbook (*cookbook4.cfg* and *coor.dat
*, also attached).

I am not sure if there is some kind of problem with the new version or if I
am missing something, but I hope someone can help.

Thank you

- Juan Rodriguez