[CIG-MC] Multiple pid####.cfg files, none of them writing caps

scott tarlow scott_tarlow at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 20:20:00 PST 2012

Hello,

    I am currently doing a model run using CitcomS, and noticed that the model gave me 3 pid####.cfg files. When trying to use autocombine.py on them, it gives me the error:

WARNING: length of machinefile does not match number of processors, try to duplicate machinefile...
reading cookbook5.coord,velo,visc.0.100.pasted
reading cookbook5.coord,velo,visc.1.100.pasted
writing cookbook5.cap00.100
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/autocombine.py", line 123, in <module>
    'coord,velo,visc', 0)
  File "/usr/local/bin/batchcombine.py", line 113, in batchcombine
    ncap, nprocx, nprocy, nprocz)
  File "/usr/local/bin/combine.py", line 135, in combine
    cb.write(filename)
  File "/usr/local/bin/combine.py", line 109, in write
    fp.writelines(self.saved)
TypeError: writelines() argument must be a sequence of strings

Usually this works, and it always gives me the length of machine file warning. Now it just writes the .cap00.100 file and not the .cap00.100.general file needed to use opendx.

anyone have any ideas?

thank you for your time,

Scott Tarlow