[CIG-MC] Cookbook 9:problem configuring/installing exchanger on Ubuntu 12.10

scott tarlow scott_tarlow at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 12:19:51 PDT 2012

Hey, thanks for the help earlier when I was installing CitcomS. I finally got it to run by manually installing all the python dependancies required. I am currently having trouble installing Exchanger which is nessary to run cookbook9's cfg file.  When i type ./configure --prefix=$HOME/cig, I get this error:

./configure: line 2808:.:egg-flags.sh: file not found

I solved this by going into the configure file on line 2808 and deleting the space between "." and egg-flags.sh. This made the configure seem to work... but when I use command "make" I get this error:

lib/Array2D.cc:13:33: fatal error: journal/diagnostics.h: No such file or directory

I am wondering if this error is caused by my way of getting through the configure? I included config.log file, perhaps someone here has a way of fixing this.

Sorry for all my help requests, but your help is very much apperciated!

-Scott Tarlow