[CIG-MC] Segmentation fault error when adding tracers

scott tarlow scott_tarlow at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 17:46:26 PDT 2013

Actually, I am still having a bit of trouble adding the tracersinto the mesh, as the tracer setup does not seem to be able to find the tracers in my file. I will attach my coordinate and my tracer file. It seems to me that the tracers should easily fall within the mesh generated by the coordinate file.

The other oddity is that when I set tracer_ic_method=0, I also get an error. Is this because Random tracer generation only works for global meshes as opposed to regional meshes ? I ask this because I was able to successfully run ( as suggested) Cookbook7. I'll attach the two output files, (random) using  tracer_ic_method=0 and (input) using  tracer_ic_method=1.

As a corollary, I am trying to use the tracers in conjunction with the low viscosity channel in an attempt to get a similar result as one would get if they were to implement "weak nodes". Is that the correct interpretation of the low viscosity channel/wedge function in CitcomS ? Perhaps imposing them through changing viscosity_structures.c would be better?

thank you for your time,

Scott