[CIG-MC] CitcomS on laptop help

Eric Heien emheien at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 29 10:25:45 PST 2013

Hi William,

Unfortunately there is no easy way to get around this without installing another version of Python.  There are various difficulties associated with using Pyre in CitcomS and we now try to encourage people to use the non-Python version of CitcomS instead.

If your department has a computing cluster you might check what version of Python is installed and get an account.  You could also install a Linux virtual machine with an older version of Python on your laptop using VirtualBox.  I'd also recommend MacPorts, which allows you to have multiple Python versions installed and easily switch between them - there are instructions related to this at:

http://www.calvinx.com/2010/02/02/python-on-mac/

Good luck,

-Eric