[CIG-MC] problem with initial condition for CitcomS???

Scott King sdk at vt.edu
Thu May 23 12:49:24 PDT 2013

When I input an initial condition for temperature such as L=20, M=19, which should give me something like a checkerboard pattern, I'm instead getting a nearly sectoral harmonic (not quite, I think I get one zero crossing in colatitude as though I'm inputing L=20, M=1 in colatitude) but I am getting the cos(m*phi) correctly.   I'm puzzled...

Seems to be in all versions but I'm specifically using CitcomS-3.2.0